We offer advice to teachers and lecturers. For example, we discuss how to become a great leader.
- Task: look at well-known leaders
- What do these people do?
- Key traits of good leaders
- Moving from being in charge to leadership
- Honing a framework of leadership
- Setting goals
Personal qualities: exploring oneself
- Task: My own badge
- How well do you know you and how do you know?
- How do others see you and how do you see yourself
- The classic iceberg metaphor
- Exploring beliefs, prejudices, motivation and behaviours
- Role, self perception, traits and motives
- Task: investigating non conscious forms of behaviour
- Looking at what motivates people – the five drivers
- Managing and investigating motives and characteristics
- How to apply what I am discovering to my own situation
- Results for motivating workmates – some answers
Looking for evidence of emotions and behaviours in others
- Activity: Me at my very best
- Boyatzis version of intentional change
- The six discoveries
- Appreciative investigation as a means of working
- The 8 Leadership methods – when and when not to use them
- Coaching as a style
Tips for you.
- 12 practical tips for success
- Activity: What went well? What didn’t?
Ask us more if you want to know more about these tips and suggested activities.